Me and My Korea Madness

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Me and My Korea Madness

I love South Korea very much. Not only beautiful in my eyes, but this country still keep the old tradition in the modern era. It wellknown as The Heaven of Ginseng.

My first meeting to this country is the time I saw Korean Drama " Winter Sonata" which perform by Bae Young Joon and Choi Ji Woo. The Drama already made me fall in love at the first time to the country cos this drama shows some beautiful place of South Korea. Nami Island was the centre of this drama. Many romantic scences take there, made the place known as romantic island for the tourist.


NAMI ISLAND

The soundtrack of this drama, made me interesting to korean song. The song " From Begininning until now " and " My Memory" become some of my favourite korean song. From listening, I dare to know the meaning of the song and lead me to learn about Hanggul and koreang language.






KOREAN DRAMA WINTER SONATA


The meeting between me and korean drama make me eager to know more about this country. The Republic Country that neighbour with China at the West and Japan at the west. It consist of one special City (Seoul), 5 metropolitan cities ( Busan, Daegu, Incheon, Gwangju, Daejeon, and Ulsan), 8 Provinces ( Gyeonggi-do, Gangwon-do,Chungcheongbuk-do , Chungcheongnam-do, Jeollabuk-do , Jeollanam-do, Gyeongsangbuk-do, Gyeongsangnam-do) and a Special self-governing province (Jeju-teukbyeoljachido (Jeju-do).

I wish I can use Handbok oneday. Hanbok is the traditional Korean dress. Nowadays, people wear it during traditional festivals and celebrations. It has many germants like dopo (clothing), durumagi and jeogori, so it is worn as semi-formal or formal wear.



HANBOOK, KOREAN TRADITIONAL DRESS

I know Korean Cuisine from Korean Television like KBS and Arirang TV ( this is the most korean favourite channel of mine), such as Kimchi, a fermented, usually spicy vegetable dish is commonly served at every meal and is one of the best known Korean dishes, Bulgogi, a Korean barbecue dish made of either beef or pork, Sujeonggwa, a traditional Korean fruit punch, garnished with pine nuts and others.


SUJEONGGWA


KIMCHI


BULGOGI


BIMIBAB

This country has impressed me much by rich with tradition but also update the technology. Many technology was made, such us car, cellphone, and others. They never forget the old tradition in modernisasion era and it grown up together, side by side. It make korea rich in culture and civilization.

No comments:

Post a Comment